These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Little Things Abound

Well, spring seems to have decided to wait a while  - even though it's the end of April. 
What's up with that?
I'm blaming it on a coworker who showed up to work in sandals a couple of weeks ago! :)

In spite of the icky weather, (which a cousin of mine decided to label "springter" - spring + winter) there are so many little things to be thankful for!

A few years ago I started writing down one thing per day that I was thankful for with each of my family members.  Then about a year and a half ago, I decided to write down 20 things I was thankful for each day. WOW!
It was such a good reminder of how very, very blessed I am - even when things seem downright lousy.

These last few weeks I've had shingles, on top of my two chronic illnesses. 
Then last week I pulled a muscle that pushed on my tailbone - ouch!  There was no position that was comfortable and at times the pain was so bad all I could do was try to sleep - I just couldn't even think.  It was a very frustrating week.  

I still had so much to be thankful for.

...my Dad being over halfway done with chemo treatments...

...the children decorating cookies to send to him as a "Whoot - you're over halfway done!" present...


...having so much food in the house - we really wouldn't have to go grocery shopping at all!...

...having a hubby who likes to cook and is pretty good at it too...

  ... Irish Soda bread, which goes together fast and cooks up in a flash...

....Buddy calling my French Bread "Mommy's Good Bread" **SMILE**....

...hot cocoa and a good book when the weather is icky out...

...my daughter's joy at kneading bread dough - I love doing that too...

...safe driving on slick roads...


...how beautiful things look outside - even if the weather really is nasty to be out in....

...hats and coats and boots and snow pants and clothes washing machines and dryers....

...pink cheeked children who smell like snow...

...wet mittens, hats and socks drying on the heat register...


...a well loved stuffed bunny who now has new stuffing...

...knowing how to sew so I can give the stuffed bunny new stuffing...

...my son's delight at his bunny being re-stuffed and "extra squishy" (as he put it)....

...stuffing that can be machine washed - whoever invented that is brilliant in my book...

...watching my children play together...

...and practice their piano duet for their recital this next weekend...

...going to piano performance festival and having my son beg to wear his suit so he looks "dapper"....

...my children's excitement at seeing their friends at piano performance festival....

...long distance telephone calls with my parents...

...long distance telephone calls with my in-laws...

...Skype...

...my children enjoying school so much....


...the tower my son built at after school care the other day...

...toys that build creativity...

...unexpectedly running into friends while out and about...

...tucking my children into bed each night....

...having a body that moves, even if I don't feel the greatest...

...comfortable furniture to sit and lay on...

...central heating....

...my wonderful family...

...and the grace of God Almighty.


What are some of your favorite things this week?



Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020