Super Savings Saturday - $27.72 shopping trip

So, we're all dragging with head colds thanks to two children at my children's school and one of my co-workers who kindly shared.  We've been trying to get things done and yet lay low at the same time.  Today I had meetings for a large chunk of the day - 7:30 am - 2 pm - while John took the children first to Bible Study and then to dance class. We all took a nap after that!

As far as grocery shopping, he did half the grocery shopping while the children were at dance class and I did the rest on my way home.  Again - no photo this week - I actually took out the camera to take a photo and realized the battery was dead!  Now I can't find the charger. Such has been this week. :P

Anyway, we went to two stores and spent $27.72 on groceries this week.

Store #1 (John's stop):
Jumbo Cantaloupe $2.50
8oz block of Kraft Cheese 2 @ 2/$4

Total Store #1: $6.50

Store #2 (My stop):
2.25oz Chopped Walnuts $1.57
5lbs Gold Medal Best for Bread Flour $3.29
20ct Mission Tortillas $2.99
2.89lbs Bananas @$0.59/lb = $1.71
2.34lbs Gala Apples @ $0.99/lb = $2.32
3.75lbs Red Grapefruit @ $0.99/lb = $3.71
2lb Carrots $1.29
3.5oz Hormel Pepperoni $1.99
59oz Pink Lemonade $1.29

Total Store #2: $21.22  (including 16 cents tax on the lemonade)
Total Saved According to Store Receipt: $3.25 (13%)

Total Spent Both Stores: $27.72
Total Saved According to Store Receipts $3.25 (10%)

I didn't use any coupons this week and I bought the Pink Lemonade because we need the paper carton for a project for school.  The kids are looking forward to that treat!

We put $12.28 into our bulk meat purchase fund this week.  I'll total up how much we now have in there next week.  We still have a freezer full of food and our CSA starts in about a month (give or take depending on the weather), so between the CSA and the bulk meat purchase we have a lot of freezer eating to do!

How did you do with your shopping this week?


Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020