These Are A Few of My Favorite Things - Buddy's Sleep Habits

Yes, yes, I know. It's weird to say that one of my favorite things is the way my son sleeps, but it's true!

He's one of those kids who will ask if he can go to bed when he's tired, change into his pajamas on his own, and then give you the sweetest, cuddliest hug ever. I love it.
He's also one of those kids who wakes up wide awake early on his own, figured out that pushing the red button on the TV remote turned the TV on, that pushing "Two fours" (his words) gets him Mickey Mouse and/or Handy Manny, and will either watch cartoons or play quietly until I wake up. LOVE THAT! (He also turns the TV off quick if he can't get 44 for some reason. Love that too!)

If I'm up first (which is most of the time), he runs pel-mel into my arms for a huge, cuddly hug and asks me if I had good dreams. How cool is that? I treasure it even more because I know one day he'll be 'too big' or 'too cool' to do that.
Not to mention his sleeping positions just plain crack me up.
He often slept in his crib turned toddler bed with his feet up the slats and his head hanging off the edge of the bed. I can't imagine why that was comfortable but I can't tell you how many times I went in and slipped his head back on the mattress.

Here's another example:


Yes, he's sleeping inside of a pop-up mesh clothes hamper - he'd emptied out the clothes and crawled in.
Here's a recent one:


He sleeps sideways on his bed (always has) in and on a mound of blankets. I thought that would change with the purchase of these new "big kid" beds after outgrowing the toddler beds. But, he's done this since he was a baby and I guess change is hard.
Watching him sleep is truly one of my favorite things.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020