Sunday

Hurray!
That title doesn't have a "bummpy" in front of it!

Not that I couldn't have put one there - I woke up a whole whopping 30 minutes before I had to get myself and my 2 kids out the door this morning, including showers, clothes, etc. plus an afternoon's worth of toys packed too - but it certainly isn't as bumpy as the last two have seemed.

I did manage to get us out the door and the two kids dropped off at Sunday school (it felt SO WEIRD just to drop them off and leave - I wonder how other people do that regularly?) and then drive across town (thank heavens for Sunday morning lack of traffic!) to the retreat to hear John give his last talk.

He did AWESOME! I am so proud of him and feel so very, very blessed that he is my husband. Just hearing the team members praying for him (they do laying on of hands before and after the talks) and thanking God for how he has impacted their lives even if only met him on this retreat was amaizing. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt now that this calling to become a Pastor is straight from the Lord. What a blessing!

Then I got to come home to a quiet house and take nice long nap. Some dear friends of ours offered to take the kids for the whole day after I asked them to pick the kids up from Sunday School and take them to worship this morning. What blessing is that! It has been so nice to just have a quiet day to get my ducks in a row for the next week without having to worry about the munchkins. Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly. I enjoy being with them. They do require a LOT of energy right now, and I have spent the majority of the last three days with them - while I'm still sick and without that abundant amount of energy. The nap felt great. I'm excited to attend closing worship for the retreat today. And I'm excited to hear about my kids' day with our friends when I pick them up after closing worship.

It's been a good day.
What more can I ask for?
Soli Deo Gloria.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020