A Day At Home

I got home from school yesterday and had a moment of panic.

Missy had a fever of 101F and that meant I needed to quickly find a sub for my class coordinator position at Jazzercise this AM as well as figure out how on earth I'm going to actually get the schoolwork I need to get done this week done as well as finishing off a couple of birthday presents by this weekend.

Never fear! The good Lord provided - three people to sub for me (my franchise owner got a good laugh out of that!), a daughter who no longer has a fever and is perfectly content eating goldfish crackers, watching movies and dozing on the couch, and the two hours I would have spent at Jazz to cut out quilt squares and sew. I will work on the homework stuff while Missy is sleeping for an afternoon nap today.

We're pretty darn sure that what Missy has is what John had right after my surgery - a nasty, but short-lived virus (about 36 hours) and not the H1N1 that's been running around. If she's feeling a lot better by this afternoon, we can be pretty confident that it is.

It's these little refining moments that I have to work on trusting God to work things out for good. Not necessarily what I want to do, but what will be the good for everyone. I can do pretty well with trusting God with the big things - serious illness, big problems, and, yes, even death. But it's the little things - a sick child, things taking longer than I think they should, a budget that won't balance, rude actions by others - that I have trouble with.

I'd like to think that I'm getting better! And learning to relax in His peace and roll with the punches. I'm also thinking that this is a lifetime progress kind of thing, not something that happens overnight. I KNOW that I'm better than I used to be. And that's what it's all about isn't it?

So, I get a whole day at home - something I rarely get to do. With my Missy. And with time to get a few things done.

What more can I ask for?
God is so good!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020