Frugal Friday - Week of March 15, 2020M

My Dad sent me this photos this morning - lovely!  

Well, this week has really changed just about everything for the US, hasn't it?  In terms of day-to-day life for most of us and for the spread of Covid-19 too.  I am grateful that I can work from home, the children can school from home and John can mostly work from home as well.  I've been working on a list of things we can do at home so we are not feeling so contained and frustrated.  Hopefully it will work!

Here are the frugal things we did this past week:

* We ate most meals at home.  I am still going in to work three days per week and so is John.  We made a sheet pan dinner with sausage, potatoes and carrots, pulled pork sandwiches with lettuce salad, a fend-for-yourself dinner where we ate leftovers, homemade pizza, pasta with meatballs and garlic bread, soup and something else that I can't remember right now.  John and I took leftovers, cheese and crackers and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for  lunch.   We ate eggs and toast, toast with jam, oranges and bananas for breakfast.  The children made noodles with sauteed veggies, reheated leftovers and pulled pork sandwiches for lunch at home.

* John brought home three boxes of crackers (unopened) that had been left at church and would expire before the church re-opens to the public.  We ate them for lunch.

* I replaced a button on two shirts and my winter jacket.

* I trimmed the last of the flowers my children received for their musical performance the end of  February and ended up with one larger bouquet which I placed on the kitchen table and one tiny bouquet that I placed on the counter in the bathroom.

* The children washed the furniture slipcovers and vacuumed the frames of the living room furniture pieces.

* The children also spent a lot of time socializing with friends via computer using face-to-face conversation apps rather than in person.  It helped!

* I wrote up a list of chores I would like the have done while we are all at home.  We're choosing one per day to do for the shorter ones.  We will do one larger chore each weekend.  At least that's the plan right now.

* I also have a list of craft, sewing and other creative projects I'd like to finish.  I am not sure I will have much time since online classes are taking an awful lot of time to put together and execute.

* I have started digging out seeds for the summer garden and am now deciding what to start.  Our first frost date is May 15th-ish, so some of the longer-to-germinate seeds need to be started soon.

I think that's it for this week.  I spend a lot of time on my class this week and did not do much else.  John too - the church is closed to the public for quite a while now and he has been making arrangements to video Worship and post devotions, prayer sessions, and the like.  They also have thought up a couple of fun games to play from afar to keep the congregation interacting with each other as much as possible during this time of physical isolation.

What did you do this last week that was frugal? 

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020