Goals for 2020

One of the flower bouquets picked from my garden this summer.

This is the time of year that seems like such a fresh start and where so many set new goals - goals for the calendar year 2020.  For the past several years I've set myself an impressive list of goals I hoped to achieve.  This past year, I did succeed in achieving most of them and making progress on all of them - I was very pleased with myself.

It was also a year where my parents collectively had six surgeries, I had two and was diagnosed with another (hopefully temporary) medical condition that is wreaking havoc on my body.  Our children started high school, participating in many things and working very hard on homework.  They have also started looking at summer jobs - something they can hold for several years.  John started the church year with a whole less of old business popping up through the woodwork, so to speak, at church - we are definitely over the honeymoon period and working in the "messy middle", as they say.  All of this lead to that wonderful list of goals being more of a weight than an encouragement.  It became very frustrating for me and I became very upset with myself.

So, this year I am doing a small handful of weekly goals instead of big yearly goals.  I'm hoping to check in here at least bi-weekly with goals (weekly would be ideal but, well, life happens) here on the blog. 

Here are my goals for this first full week of 2020, January 5-11:

1.  Finish at least one baby gift (I have 3 to finish).
2.  Read 50 pages for work.
3.  Write 1500 words for work.
4.  Spend 30 minutes 3 days working on cleaning out clutter in our home.
5.  2019 Budget Review and Set up 2020 budget
6.  Attend the children's music concerts on Thursday night

We do have three big family goals we are working toward in 2020, but I will leave those for another time. 

What are you up to this first week in 2020?



Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020