Goals 2020 - Second Full Week of the Year

One of my peonies last summer. Lovely!
It feels as though last week was very lazy for me.  I only accomplish about half of the things I had hoped to accomplish.  I did rest, read, exercise, and just enjoy myself.  That is what I really needed, I believe.  My body has been very tired and had some both physical and mental healing to do. I think it was a good week, even if I did not get everything I really hoped to accomplish finished.

Here are the actual goals I set for last for the first full week of 2020, January 5-11, with updates:

1.  Finish at least one baby gift (I have 3 to finish).  I got the top and bottom tied (with the battling between!) and I have pinned the edge for a self-binding on one baby quilt.

2.  Read 50 pages for work.  I read 26 pages for work.  

3.  Write 1500 words for work.  I wrote 2600 for work this week - lots of writing with the semester starting!

4.  Spend 30 minutes 3 days working on cleaning out clutter in our home. Done!  I actually cleaned out more than this - we had a lot of things built up in certain areas of the house and I decided to tackle one area specifically.  Lots of recycling and donating, a fair amount of shredding and some trash.  That feels really good!

5.  2019 Budget Review and Set up 2020 budget  Done!  We have four big savings goals this year and one pay-off goal (with a second pay-off goal in reserve). 

6.  Attend the children's music concerts on Thursday night Done!  They children did wonderful and our daughter qualified for State Solo and Ensemble with her performance on Thursday last week.

And, here are the goals I have for this week, January 12-18, 2020:

1. Finish that baby gift and start on another.
2. Read 10 pages for work.
3. Write 1500 words for work.
4. Finish cleaning out the area I started last week.
5. Lunch out with my children on their day off from school this week.
6. Call for two appointments.

This week is busier for me as I have headed back to work, I have  medical appointment and I teach Jazzercise three time this week.  I think my list of to-dos is quite okay for this week.  I realized after starting the reading I wanted to do last week that it was denser and deeper than I had anticipated, so I was happy with my reading last week, in spite of not meeting my goal.  Overall, I was very pleased with how last week went.  This week has gotten off to a good start and I'm hoping for more momentum for that. 

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020