Frugal Friday - The Second Full Week of 2020

Our Lefse-making stations.  I could eat Lefse all the time!
I'm writing this and watching the snow fall outside.  It is falling almost sideways, as the wind is quite sharp right now.  John is on his way home from work  and I was able to work from home today, so we should all be home before the storm is too bad out there.  The children had today off for end-of-term and have spent the day watching movies and playing games.

I worked out this morning, picked up some groceries and have been working on things for work since then.  I enjoy having a quiet day at home to work and I appreciate having a hot mug of tea and a bouquet of flowers to enjoy while doing it.

Later today, I will plan out some baking for tomorrow.  I'm thinking granola, bread and maybe some more Lefse. We will see!

Here are some things we did this week that we felt are frugal:

* We made all meals at home and brown-bagged if we were not home.  We made  chicken soup, baked chicken, roasted squash and broccoli, hard shell tacos, and Jambalaya.

*  I took a nap two days this week to head off what felt like a virus.

* John was gifted some chocolate covered pretzels after a church event. He brought those home for snacks.

* I signed up for a workout challenge and will receive a tank top if I complete it.

* I spent quite a bit of time cleaning out.  I am enjoying the empty space at no cost to me but time.  We sent three paper grocery bags of items for donation to a local thrift/second-hand store.

* We enjoyed books and audio books from the library.  I love that our library has such a variety of items to enjoy and that they have an extensive inter-library loan network for items they do not own.

* The children spent most of the week studying using items they already owned or that we keep in our office supply stash (note cards, highlighters, etc.).

* I spent some time working on baby gifts and another gift.

What are some things you did this week that were frugal?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020