Frugal ...er...Saturday - Week 2 of 25, Week of January 6, 2018


My children at the beach this past summer. John and I have been planning a real Summer Holiday for this year.  My parents are celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary and we're celebrating our 20th, so we all decided we need to take a Holiday together.  We're pretty excited!

It is COLD here again - the temperature this morning was listed at -12F (-24.44C).  Early this week it was almost +40F (4.4C).  It almost felt like spring was on it's way. Of course, it's way too early for that but we enjoyed the short warm-up and are now bundled back up for the weekend again. I deliberately went and ran errands yesterday Friday evening so I don't have to venture out on Saturday if I don't want to.

Here are some things that we have done this past week (Saturday 1/6 to Friday 1/12):

* At home we made soup, bread, pancakes, and muffins.

* I enjoyed treats - muffins, fruit, cookies - and a very delicious lunch at a workshop this week.  There was way too much food for lunch and the workshop coordinator brought out zip-top bags at the end of the lunch for people to take the extra home. I brought home enough salad with chicken for our evening meal on Friday evening.  It was a delicious treat - something I wouldn't have made at home due to so many expensive ingredients.

* Did ,my own ironing rather than paying for someone else to do it.

* Reattached a hook and eye to a skirt, a button to a blouse, and tacked up a fallen hem on a pair of pants.

* We put together an updated list of items we need to complete on the house.  I have already completed two small projects and hope to tackle a couple more this weekend.  These are interior projects we can do while the weather is unpleasant outside.  We will make a separate list of outside projects once the weather warms up, sometime April or May.

* Used a deal at Target to stock up on Vitamins and now we have a $5 Target gift card for use later.


How did you do this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020