Making Progress....

This has been a good week productivity speaking. I've gotten about half the stuff on my to-do list crossed off and I'm close on a few other things. For a while there, I was starting to think I was seriously productivity-challenged.

Still up this weekend is getting some review for my preliminary oral exam done (I'm trying to do a little each day so I'm not overwhelmed and my mind has time to organize 3 1/2 years + worth of information), finishing making and buying the Christmas presents and 5 birthday presents we need to take down to Iowa next weekend, buying, wrapping and mailing a baby gift, a birthday party for my children's' friend, my monthly Bible Study, trimming back the roses and putting the rose cones on them, cleaning out the last flower bed, at home date night for John and me, and our normal weekend worship (with choir this week), errands and housework.

My plan for grocery shopping this weekend is to make my menu for the 3 days we'll be here this next week (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) from what we already have, so I can just use our $40 for stock-up. There's some excellent deals on meat and all the makings of Thanksgiving meals this weekend so I'm hoping to get another turkey, a whole roasting chicken, beef roast and a few other things I've had my eye on for a while, like shrimp! We'll see what I can come up with!

In the meantime, I'm working on review today and in the process found a paper or two that I should have read but didn't. Oops! So, basically catching up, wrapping up some loose ends. I like to do that on Fridays, so I can jump in with both feet on Monday.

Has this week been all good and productive? No. Not by a long shot. But at least progress is being made. That's the important part. And not letting the setbacks get you so discouraged that you quit or fall apart. It's not always easy, but it's worth it!

How are you doing with your goals for the week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020