Frugal Friday - Week 3 of 52 - January 12 - 18, 2018
Some of the flowers from my garden last summer - I'm so looking forward to more this summer!
It was a very odd week - we started with Martin Luther King Jr Day on Monday and our daughter and I fighting a bad head cold, Missy was better Tuesday but I was not, and then I felt like we were trying to catch up all the rest of the week. I was a bit relieved that it was Friday today!
We had several just unpleasant things going on this week but we did a very nice job of being fairly frugal - it's easy to not spend money when you're home sick, I guess. Either way, it ended up being a reasonable week all the way around and we're looking forward to a quiet week at home and some extra rest before all the activities start to ramp up next week.
Here are some frugal things we did this week:
* We made two types of soup, biscuits, and waffles at home this week.
* John brought home leftover chicken noodle soup (homemade) and cookies from a church event. We used those for lunch and treats.
* I cleaned out my tea stash, composed a bit that were way past usable and sorted everything else so it is more accessible and usable. I also discovered that I have 5 tea strainers, so I put one in my bag to take up to work for my tea stash there. I had been just letting the leaves settle before drinking. This will be much better.
* I worked on quite a bit of embroidery this week. All for gifts.
* We renewed library books online last weekend. We'll return them this weekend and get a few new.
* We ate all meals and snacks at home but one, which was lunch at church for Bible Study on Sunday.
* We updated the budget book and paid the bills. The budget will be really quite tight the rest of the month - tighter than we'd like. But, we paid off a small medical debt and the car this month! I'm super excited about both! We still have several more medical bills to go, but we're making progress.
I think that's it for us this week. What did you do this week that was frugal?