Saturday, January 13, 2018
Frugal ...er...Saturday - Week 2 of 25, Week of January 6, 2018
My children at the beach this past summer. John and I have been planning a real Summer Holiday for this year. My parents are celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary and we're celebrating our 20th, so we all decided we need to take a Holiday together. We're pretty excited!
It is COLD here again - the temperature this morning was listed at -12F (-24.44C). Early this week it was almost +40F (4.4C). It almost felt like spring was on it's way. Of course, it's way too early for that but we enjoyed the short warm-up and are now bundled back up for the weekend again. I deliberately went and ran errands yesterday Friday evening so I don't have to venture out on Saturday if I don't want to.
Here are some things that we have done this past week (Saturday 1/6 to Friday 1/12):
* At home we made soup, bread, pancakes, and muffins.
* I enjoyed treats - muffins, fruit, cookies - and a very delicious lunch at a workshop this week. There was way too much food for lunch and the workshop coordinator brought out zip-top bags at the end of the lunch for people to take the extra home. I brought home enough salad with chicken for our evening meal on Friday evening. It was a delicious treat - something I wouldn't have made at home due to so many expensive ingredients.
* Did ,my own ironing rather than paying for someone else to do it.
* Reattached a hook and eye to a skirt, a button to a blouse, and tacked up a fallen hem on a pair of pants.
* We put together an updated list of items we need to complete on the house. I have already completed two small projects and hope to tackle a couple more this weekend. These are interior projects we can do while the weather is unpleasant outside. We will make a separate list of outside projects once the weather warms up, sometime April or May.
* Used a deal at Target to stock up on Vitamins and now we have a $5 Target gift card for use later.
How did you do this week?