Frugal Friday - The Second Week of 2017
It's been a week of getting back into the swing of things. We're all back at work or school, though I'm not back in class yet. John didn't have anything extra this week (weddings, funerals, etc.) and even had one fewer nights of meetings this week. We loved the extra time at home this week!
Here are some things we did this week that count as frugal:
* Made vegetable barley soup, biscuits, soft pretzels, waffles, crustless quiche, and tacos at home this week.
* I worked on making two birthday gifts. Unfortunately, I didn't finish either.
* John attended an all-day meeting that included lunch. A parishioner invited him over for dinner one night when he had meetings.
* We finally came up with a perfect for us budget for 2017. I'm super excited about what we should be able to with this budget.
* I planned meals for the next several weeks using an inventory of our freezers and pantry. We should be able to eat very well and not have to waste food. I like that!
* I taught an extra Jazzercise class this week and I will get paid for that. It will make up one of the days I missed last week with my PHN flare.
* We used vitamin C and extra sleep and fluids to head off head colds before they took real hold. I'm hoping we'd succeeded.
I think that's it that I can think of for this week. How about you? What have you done this week?