January Goals Update - January 11, 2016

I'm dreaming of warmth!  And our summer camping trip!


January is just rolling along and we are in the middle of a deep freeze here!  BRRRR!!!  Our high yesterday didn't even make it above 0F (-17.7C) for the day.  I was very happy to spend the day at home with a little boy with an upset stomach so neither one of us had to get out of our flannel pajamas all day long.   I was off from work last week and it was good week to stay inside and get things done. This week is even better to stay inside - it's cold!  I have meetings all week this week so I'm glad I'm not itching to go outside.

Here was my goals list from last week and I've updated it for you:

1. Celebrate my husband's birthday    Done!  We had a wonderful day!

2. Deep clean the kitchen, living room and main bathroom. 
   Washed the kitchen cupboards, bathroom cupboards, dining table and chairs, and the piano with Murphy's oil soap
   Changed the slipcovers on the chairs in the living room so I could wash the others. 
   Washed the kitchen, entry, and bathroom floors. 
   Scrubbed the bathtub. 
   Washed all the curtains in the living room and bathroom (we don't have curtains in our kitchen).
   Washed the shower curtains and bathroom rugs. 
   I still need to wash walls and ceilings, clean the light fixtures, clean the carpets, do a thorough dusting and clean the oven (I keep putting this last one off because it really needs it).

3. Sew a Memory Quilt for a relative that recently lost a family member.

4. Finish a set of scrapbooks for a church event

5. Write a minimum of 1200 words each week (average) on my schoolwork and paper writing  I wrote 4000 words last week.  I'm hoping to make up the difference this week.

6. Make at least three presents off our 2016 present list.  I made two presents and started three others.

7. Purchase and install a new storm door   We decided to postpone this because of the super cold weather we're going to have these next couple of weeks.  Plus, storm doors aren't on sale yet!

8. Figure out how to generate at least an extra $400 each month and do so  Came up with a couple of ideas for this for this month.  We need to get an action plan in place! 

9. Be fully prepared for Spring Semester Classes before they start (syllabus, assignments, copies, etc.)

10. Clean off/out my office at work - I left it in quite the state at the end of last semester!

11. Weekly date night with my husband.  Put together a puzzle we already had this last week.

12.  Weekly individual time with each of my children Set up my son's new study space with him this week and took my daughter on a lunch date and a special shopping trip to a store we rarely go to for a couple of needed items.

13.  Bake one breakfast item weekly to freeze for use later Made extra waffles Monday night for the freezer.

14. Plan for each lunch so that I have a whole, nutritious lunch, not something that is an afterthought
Brought lunch to work on Monday but forgot to eat it (oops - but I really wasn't hungry at all!) and ate a nutritious lunch every other day at home - I'm calling this a win!  I did have one day where my daughter and I went on a lunch date - I chose a responsible, healthy meal involving lots of vegetables rather than the hamburger and fries I really wanted. 

15. Attend 3-4 Jazzercise classes each week Taught Jazzercise two days this week and attended a third class.  Learned six new routines at home as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020