These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Watching God at Work in Our Lives

These last few years have seemed so very long.

We've had so many emotional upheavals, health problems, household projects, and school, school, and more school.

Friends have betrayed us, our financial situation changed, John's work situation changed drastically recently, and I am still trying to finish this darn dissertation.

In the last few weeks, it seems like so much of this work is coming to fruition.

Our budget is getting to a point where we can say we're comfortable for internship without having to panic. (Okay, I'm the only one who was starting to panic!)

We've stabilized our church situation and friends who are true friends have apologized and are friends again or stayed friends in the first place.

John's work is still rough but we only have to survive one more year there!

The ducks are starting to line up in a row for me to finish this dissertation and my degree soon. (Happy dance!)

Some of the many things we desperately need to get done around the house are actually getting done.

And we have the wonderful opportunity that I mentioned on Thursday coming up for us as well.

God works in mysterious ways.

And sometimes I honestly don't care for it - I want it all solved now, done with now, and I want to know how it will all work out in the end.  On days when I can sit back and really think about it, I know that I'm happy I don't know the end and all that we will have to go through to get there.  And I'm grateful that the Lord has a wonderful plan for us that will be fulfilled in His time and not ours.

I have to say one of the things that I've learned so much over the last few years is that it's so much fun to watch God at work in large and small ways:

* Exact amounts of money appearing when we needed them the most.
* A pot of soup delivered just when we needed it.
* The children getting excited over free entertainment - a trip to the park, time with a friend, a free event at the public library....
* A friend giving us some much-needed clothes for my daughter
* Finding the perfect recipe online to go with the ingredients we have in our kitchen/pantry/freezer at the time
* The time to nap or rest when we're sick
* The ability to learn and the opportunity to learn specific things at just the right time

It definitely hasn't always been fun in the traditional sense but it's been a true joy to look back and see how God has provided for us and has been at work in our lives, even when we didn't expect it.

Truly, God's work in our lives is one of my very favorite things!
Soli Deo Gloria.
Always.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020