Super Savings Saturday - Pantry Challenge Shopping Trip #2

* I'm having issues with photos so I will upload the photo of today's shopping trip as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding!

So John did the shopping today because I've been fighting side effects from my medication and spent most of the day in bed or curled up in pain on the couch.  I really don't like being sick.

Anyway, John did a great job buying a few things today.  We are using quite a bit of our budget but I'm okay with that for right now.  I might not be as we get to the end of the end of the month.  Honestly, it's been a tough month so far and we haven't done as well as we'd like with our budget or a few other things too.  But we can do it and we will do it.  And if we get really stuck I have  $5 Target gift card that I'm willing to use for some produce or toilet paper, whichever we need more - I don't want to but if it's absolutely necessary I'll cry defeat and use it.

Here's what John bought:

Store #1:
2.68lbs Braeburn apples at $0.98/lb = $2.63
3.03lbs D'Anjou Pears at $1.28/lb = $3.88
Used $1 off produce Catalina from previous trip
Total Spent: $5.51

Store #2:
2 Boxes Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal @ $1.99 used 2 $1.25/1 coupons = $1.49
6 cans Progresso Soup @ $0.99 each, used $1/4 coupon and $1/2 coupon both doubled = $1.94
All Laundry Detergent $3.99 used $1/1 coupon doubled = $1.99
5lbs Red Grapefruit $3.99
2.39lbs Bananas @ $0.59/lb = $1.41
Store Brand All Purpose Flour 5lbs $1.29
Total Spent: $12.36 including tax on the detergent

Total Spent today: $17.87

Total left to spend for the month: $15.88

We have a full gallon of milk left over from last week, so I didn't buy milk this week.  I also have a cantaloupe leftover and a few oranges.  I'd really like to have more fruit - especially with John taking his lunch every day too we're going through fruit more quickly than we had planned.  I'll post more later this week (Lord willing) of the difficulties we've been having that made this last week challenging.  We should be just fine for the rest of the month in any case. 

How did you do with your shopping this week?  Care to share? 

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020