Goals: Progress during the week of January 2, 2011

So, how did I do on my goals for last week?  Since I promised you all that I'd share (for your amusement and for accountability) here's my lists for last week.

Here's what I accomplished:
* poster off to a conference with a colleague
* grades submitted for my fall term class
* last little bit of 'stuff' cleaned out of our bedroom
* finished outlining a paper
* finished a draft of that paper
* church committee work completed! (WHOO HOO!!!! - love getting stuff off my plate!)
* returned some things to the store that weren't needed
* sold several DVDs (made roughly $70!) and donated our extra VHS tapes
* Jazzercise 4x
* one data set completed
* purchased curtain rods for our bedroom
* analyzed 1 transcript

Here's what I'd hoped to accomplish and didn't:
* finishing that paper
* installing the curtain rods in our bedroom
* ironing and re-hanging the curtains in our bedroom
* analyzing 2 more transcripts
* baking krumkakka
* finishing another baby quilt (that is presently half done)
* a small and quick sewing project for the kids
* Jazzercise 1 more time

I guess that's not too bad for my week, considering that the kids were home in the afternoon one day when I usually come in to the office (their babysitter was sick!) and I've learned that I don't get as much done in either schoolwork or projects at home if they're there.  We did have fun playing board games (we got a number of them for Christmas) and then cuddled up to watch a DVD from the library.  I can live with that for sure!

I had less planned for my week this week since John has his intensive classes this week and next at Seminary and that usually means he's not home much (gone 7am to 8pm most days) and is spending his time on homework the rest of the time.  Maybe I can catch some of these other things up this week, depending on how things go! 

Missy and I have had a delightful time making dinner together this week.  She's quite the helper and I love her company.  She and Buddy were a HUGE help tying quilts after our pot luck at church on Monday night this week.  What a fun time that was!  We got 5 queen size quilts tied and 3 baby quilts tied - all for our local homeless shelter - after a nice time of food and fellowship.  Can't beat that!

How are you doing with your 2011 goals?  Care to share?  I'd love to hear!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020