These Are A Few of My Favorite Things - Candles


There's something lovely about a burning candle on a cold night with a hot cup of tea, a good book and the main houselights turned down low. I love the flicker of candles and the ambiance they impart to a day.
One of my favorite things to do on Tuesdays, when I work from home, is to light some candles, make a pot of tea and work on my work. It makes me feel cozy - even if I'm working on something I'm not particularly excited about.
Another of my favorite things is to have dinner by candlelight. Almost every night, I light the candles in the middle of the table, we turn out the houselights and sit down to dinner together. That flicker of light is conducive to a slower time, longer conversation and enjoying the meal. We eat, we talk and we simply enjoy each other's company. Could we do it without candles? Yes. But it simply wouldn't be as special and I truly believe we would rush through the meal far faster than we do with the candlelight.
John and I have also had date nights where we've placed a large plate of assorted candles in the middle of the coffee table and talked with all the other lights off.
There's just something about them that make things a little more special and invite slowing down and taking time. Time to talk to each other. Time to enjoy flickering light. Time to feel cozy, and content, and cared for.
Truly, candles are one of my favorite things!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020