Super Savings Saturday - $14.14 Budget


Today is the last day included in my January Eating from the Pantry Challenge budget. I had $14.14 left to spend to stay in by $50 for the month budget.


Did I make it?


Very close - I spent $14.18. :) Yes, I have the 4 cents extra! For a whole month I'd say that's pretty darn good. Especially since my $50 for the whole month is compared to the $160 that I normally spend.

I went to one store and here's what I spent:

Milk 2 Gallons @ $1.98 each
1 4lb Bag Oranges $2.99
1 lb Farmland Sausage $1
6lbs Bananas @ $0.39/lb
Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese $2
1 Dozen Medium Eggs $1.19
Broccoli $0.99

I still have lots in my pantry so I'm bumping my budget up to $20/wk for February instead of our usual $40. I'm going to see how long I can keep at that - I might bump it up to $25 for the long term again (and then I can put the extra $60/mo that I have budgeted in savings!).

We'll see how it goes! I update you all on the pantry challenge on Monday!

For more shopping inspiration see Money Saving Mom!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020