These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Burgeoning Spring




Every spring, I enjoy every single new sprout as it pops up through the soil!  We had an early spring here and I have been so enjoying all the new things poking through. 

This week my rhododendron bloomed and I am SO excited!  Once the rhododendron blooms, I know that spring is here.  After long winters it is wonderful and this spring, with everything being so strange due to Covid-19, I am grateful for the "normal" reminder that spring is truly here.

Here are some things that I'm seeing in my garden that are making me so very happy this spring:

Vincas in the flowerbed by the back entry.
Radish seedlings - can you see them?  They're tiny in this photo!
Dwarf Iris on the other side of the back entry - these always bloom first, since they are right next to the house and receive extra warmth from the walls.
Lettuce seedlings - we have lots of debris still falling from the neighbors trees. It seems I remove dead leaves from this pot at least daily if not more often.  These should be ready for harvest in about 2 weeks; maybe sooner.
Rhubarb - this was taken about 2 weeks ago, it is much bigger now (and all the leaves have been removed from the bed).  I should be harvesting rhubarb about the same time as the lettuce and radishes.

This is the view out my kitchen window right now.  My favorite!
And a closer view.   So beautiful!

What is one of your favorite things this morning?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020