These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Week of April 5-11, 2020

Zucchini Bars (with Figs)

This last week was, honestly, a rough week for me. 

I was dealing with some really odd technological issues and that turned into a real battle with tech support in ways it never should have. It has been a week and they are not resolved.
A friend from church passed away (she had been on hospice since before Covid-19).
A child's teacher emailed requesting unreasonable support from my husband and myself (the principal later emailed retracting this request - it was that unreasonable).
We received word from my Cousin that my Uncle is on hospice care. 
And my list could go on and on for several pages....

Yes, it was that type of a week.  Plus, it was Holy Week.

Holy Week is always emotional for me.  And this year was no exception.

There were still good things this week, and I am oh, so grateful!
Here they are:

Worship online.  Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. I needed those so much this week.

A gift of real maple syrup from a parishioner.

My children singing together.

Email, texting and phone calls.


Lettuce seeds coming up! This was my terribly hap-hazard way of reseeding last year - putting the bolted tops back into the pot.  It worked!  And I am so excited.

My blueberry bushes budding leaves.  

The beautiful begonia on my kitchen table - I hoped to purchase an Easter Lily at the grocery store but these were less expensive and looked much nicer.  I think the lilies were picked over by the time I got there.

My children cheerfully doing their chores.

Some time and the materials to sew homemade face masks this week.  I made four.

Lovely Easter cards and a really funny photograph sent to us by friends.

Easter decorations for my home and Easter baskets to use each year.

Cleaning supplies to do some spring cleaning and the desire to do some spring cleaning.

My Jazzercise community!  They're awesome!

A few days of lovely weather - the children were able to be outside twice this week for an extended period of time.  That is so helpful in breaking up the monotony of our schedules right now.

And our biggest blessing this week:

Holy Week and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His resurrection today!
We will be celebrating with online worship (John will go to church and officiate) and a ham dinner here at home together.
I baked a carrot cake and carrot cake cupcakes to take to a friend.  
We assembled a few treats to drop off for church staff.

Wishing you a blessed Easter! 
Happy Easter!


Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020