Super Savings - More Produce and a bit of shopping


We had our CSA's fall Harvest Party this weekend.  At the party, the CSA owner puts out any "leftover" vegetables and fruit that they can't use themselves.  We brought home lots of Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, and HUGE parsnips.  I'm so excited!  



We also picked three more pumpkins, several more tomatoes, chocolate peppers and green beans from the yard.  There were even some more strawberries - enough for us to each get a couple.  They are heirloom variety so they're tiny but flavorful.  I'm really hoping they come back well next year!

At the grocery store this week we bought $36.02 worth of groceries ($0.16 in sales tax).  Here's what we purchased (no pictures because we were on the way back out the door after dropping these at home):

S&W Black Beans 2 15oz cans @ $0.69 = $1.38
Toilet Cleaner $2.19
Baby Spinach 2 @ B1G1 = $2.99
Apples 4.63lbs @ $1.39/lb = $6.44
Black Plums 2.06lbs @ $1.99/lb = $4.10
Russet Potatoes 2 5lb bags @ B1G1 = $2.49
Strawberries 2lbs @ $2/lb = $4
Mozzarella Ball $4.99
Gallon 1% Milk $3.00
Smart Balance Spread $2.99
1 dozen eggs $1.29

Total including tax $36.02
Total Saved according to store receipt $9.15 or 20%.

We've had voles in our back yard so some of the pumpkins have gnaw marks - nothing that broke though - but I will bake and freeze those pumpkins this week.  The rest of the squash will be stored and used later.  We still have several winter squash coming and I'm planning on harvesting rose hips this week too.  I've never done that before but I love rose hip tea and I'd like to try to make that myself this year.  We have lots of rose hips so I'm hopeful I will be successful. 

Come back Monday to see what we're eating!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020