Frugal Friday - Week of July 12, 2020


Some of my flowers this month - cone flower (echinacea) and lilies.


We had what is becoming here a rather routine week - work for all of us part time from home, part time at the office and the rest of the time doing things mostly from home with a trip to the store for groceries and a trip to the fabric store.  

Here are some things we did this week that were frugal:

* We made all meals at home this week:  Blueberry pancakes with scrambled eggs, Blueberry-Banana Smoothies, Oatmeal with Peaches and Walnuts, Leftovers, Baked Potatoes with Roasted Vegetables, Meatball Soup with Cornbread, Shrimp with Spinach and Mushrooms and Rice, Hard Shell Ground Turkey Tacos, and Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles.

* The children and I went to the fabric store and used a coupon to purchase on sale fabric for a concert outfit for our daughter and fleece pants for our son.  I also bought notions for my Mother, since she cannot got to the store right now and needed a few things for her projects.

* We cleaned out our son's closet and moved some things that were stored in there.  Our son now has more space and a much more usable closet.  In the process, our son cleaned out a bag of clothing too.

* I weeded all the vegetables again, the flower beds between the house and the garage and the bed around the patio as well. I also deadheaded all the flowers in the pots out front.

* I picked flowers from the garden for our kitchen table.

* We had the electrician out to fix a blown ground fault outlet.  I am grateful to have a working electric outlet in the bathrooms again! 

* I started laying out the materials for four different simple sewing projects.  Once I am done with my class (middle of next week!), I'm going to get those done.  Each is only about 1 1/2 hour long project and I've had the materials for a long time.  Time to finish them!

* I also picked out material to make more face masks for us.  We will need more in a few weeks and I have the materials, so I should make them!  

* John brought home potatoes, cherries, and two loaves of banana bread from parishioners this past week.  We put the banana bread in a freezer for later.


What did you do this week that was frugal?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020