Frugal Friday - Week of June 28, 2020


My "fairy lilies" on my patio right now.  So pretty!

It is hot this week - our temperatures are running about 90 F (32 C) this week with about 90% humidity.  I am not big fan of hot and humid (part of the reason I live in Minnesota!) but the vegetables are loving this weather!  The eggplant is growing well and everything else - tomatoes, beans, peas, cucumbers, summer and winter squash - are starting to set fruit.  I am very excited!  We should have cucumbers early this next week already.  

I have today off and John and the children had to work today so I had a quiet house all day today.  I am so grateful for that!  The quiet and lack of schedule today is a very welcome change.  I do not have much left for summer session and I am grateful.  I am tired and need a rest or at least a change.  There is so much that we need to do this summer and I need some time to do those things as well.

Here are some frugal things we did this past week:

*  We made the following meals this week: Egg bake with Potatoes, Spinach and Green Onions, Bagels with Cream Cheese, Overnight Blueberry Oatmeal, Blueberry-Banana Smoothies,  Many Salads, Beef Stir Fry with Carrots, Peas and Onions with Rice, Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Cut Veggies, Sausage Hash with Potatoes, Carrots and Onions, Roasted Veggie Couscous.  We changed some of the planned meals because we did not want to heat up the house by running the oven.

* John brought home several ears of corn and mushrooms from parishioners.  I blanched and froze the corn we could not eat this week.

* I sliced and froze strawberries for future use, as they were getting soft.  I also sliced peaches purchased on sale for future use.  

* I bought a $4 bouquet of one dozen roses that were on clearance sale at the grocery store.

* Our daughter remade bobby pins into painted bobby pins and decorated two sets of hair clips that were chipped and not looking good. They are super cute and she is wearing them all the time.

* Our daughter also made several pairs of earrings for herself using buttons from my button jar and backs that we already owned.

* We harvested lettuce and blueberries from the garden this week.

* I sewed a button back on a pair of shorts.

What did you do this week that counts as frugal?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020