Frugal Friday - Week of May 17, 2020

My lilac and bleeding heart bouquet this week - in a teapot!
My lilacs are blooming!  They smell SO good and I am enjoying having a bouquet on my kitchen table.  I'm on bouquet #2 this week since lilacs do not live very long once picked.  That is quite okay - I am so happy they are blooming!

Our week went by - ZIP - just like that - this week. It was a week where I kept saying things like "Today is Wednesday. Oh, wait, it's Tuesday" or "It's already Thursday? How did that happen?"  And yesterday I went in to work with an article of clothing on backwards (fortunately, no one noticed).  Yes, that is how my week went.

Here are the frugal things we did this week:

* We made homemade pizza, Venison with peppers, mushrooms and potatoes, Taco Soup with cornbread, scalloped potatoes with ham, poppy seed muffins, biscuits, and Finish Ribbon Cookies this week.

* We ate all meals at home. I enjoyed a miniature sized desert that was left on my desk (my boss new I was coming in) to celebrate the end of the semester at work.

* I picked two bouquets of lilacs for my kitchen table.

* We continued to do yard work ourselves.  We have been blessed with really pretty nice weather, which makes being outside a pleasure!

* We received asparagus from a parishioner at church.  Yum!

* We harvested lettuce, rhubarb, and radishes from the garden.

* I cleaned out a small area in the downstairs - putting items either back where they belonged, bagging them for donating or putting them in either the trash or recycling.

* My husband and our daughter watched a movie we already owned but that our daughter had not seen.

* Our son finished his library books and requested two more.  We will pick those up and two more books for our daughter when they come in later this next week.  Our library is doing curbside pick up and drop off right now.

* I took advantage of a sale to order some needed underclothing online for two members of our household.  These are items we have purchased before and know that they will fit well.

I spent much of the week getting my summer course up online. Moving an in-person class online is time consuming.  The good news? It leaves me very little time to spend money (or do much else, for that matter).

What did you do this week that was frugal?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020