Menu Plan Monday - On a Tuesday!


Our taco salad from last week - do you see the refried beans and tortilla chips hiding in there?
So my week started with me standing in front of my office door at work pressing my car key unlock the trunk button on my car key and wondering why my door wouldn't open.  My next thought:  "I sure hope Eric made coffee today because I guess I really do need it today!"

So, yeah.

I managed to feel wide awake about 3pm and by 9pm I was completely wiped out.  So that's why we're posting today!   Today has been much better, by the way.  We had a busy weekend and I guess I was much more tired than I thought by the time yesterday morning rolled around.  Add to that that there was three inches of that fluffy white stuff all over everything outside, and I was ready to go back to bed on Monday morning.

Today has been really good though, so here we are with the Menu Plan post!
John ran to store quick on Saturday and bought $42 worth of groceries including 20 cups of yogurt, a gallon of milk, fruit, salad greens, Craisins, eggs (these were on sale for 99-cents per dozen limit 2)and two frozen pizzas for the babysitter on Saturday to make for dinner (I totally wasn't on the ball Saturday so that was the easiest thing for us to do! They were on sale...).   By the time we got home Saturday night between the two children and the teenage male babysitter they ate two pizzas, 6 apples, 5 cups of yogurt, two oranges and half the gallon of milk!  And my son had 5 pieces of pizza, 4 apples, an orange and two glasses of milk!  I think we're seeing a preview of teenage eating here.

So what are we eating this week?  Here goes:

Sunday, March 22:
    Breakfast: Toast with Peanut Butter, Strawberries
    Lunch: Waffles with Strawberries, Almonds and Powdered Sugar
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Pizza from my husband's favorite pizza place in Iowa (his cousin brought it back for him - such a treat! We did have to reheat it but it was delicious.)

Monday, March 23:
    Breakfast: Eggs and Toast
    Lunch: Salad with Tuna, Oranges
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Ultimate Potato Soup,  Biscuits, Strawberry-Apple-Grape Salad

Tuesday, March 24:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with Almonds and Cinnamon
    Lunch: Leftover Potato Soup
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Pork Roast, Roasted Potatoes, Mixed Veggies, Apple-Strawberry-Grape Salad

Wednesday, March 25:
     Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins, Oranges
     Lunch: Leftover Pork Roast and Sides
     Snack: Yogurt
     Dinner: At Church before Lenten Worship

Thursday, March 26:
     Breakfast: Waffles from the Freezer
     Lunch: Leftover Potato Soup (the recipe makes a huge batch!)
     Snack: Cookies
     Dinner: Soup from the Freezer, Cornbread, Orange Wedges

Friday, March 27:
     Breakfast: Blueberry Pancakes
     Lunch: Leftover Soup
     Snack: Cookies
     Dinner: Crab cakes, Rice, Tossed Salad

Saturday, March 28:
      Breakfast:  Blueberry Boy Bait (haven't tried this yet - we ended up eating cereal last week because none of us felt like a hot breakfast)
       Lunch: Salad and Soup from the freezer
       Snack: Popcorn
       Dinner:  Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020