Menu Plan, er, Tuesday - Week of July 15, 2012

Our homemade Vanilla Ice Cream from the 4th of July (thus the red tablecloth).

I think time officially got away from me a bit!  We've been getting a lot done, having a lot of fun, and spending a lot of time together as a family!  LOVE that.  Now if the weather would just cooperate for getting the outside work done, life would be about as close to perfect as it can get!  :)   

We still have about a pint of the ice cream in the freezer - that recipe made a TON of ice cream; or at least way more than we expected.  I'm not sure I would call making the ice cream "frugal" - we don't have cream on hand regularly and we drink skim, rather than 2% or whole milk, so we had to buy those for a total of about $8.  The good news is that a little of this ice cream goes a lot farther than the store bought stuff - seriously yummy!

Anyway, what are we eating this week?  Here we go:

Sunday, July 15:
  Breakfast: Cold Cereal and Milk
  Lunch: Baked Eggs, Bacon, Fruit, and Zucchini Bread
  Snack:Zucchini Bread
  Dinner: Grilled Kielbasa, squash and onions, Mixed Fruit
  Desert:  Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars*

Monday, July 16:
   Breakfast: English Muffins with Peanut Butter and Jam, Bananas
   Lunch: PB&J, Applesauce, Tomatoes, Cherries, Graham Crackers, Juice
   Snack: Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
   Dinner: Veggie Stir Fry, Rice, Pineapple

Tuesday, July 17:
   Breakfast: English Muffins with Peanut Butter and Honey, Bananas
   Lunch: Cheerios, Strawberries, Applesauce, Yogurt, Juice
   Snack:  Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
   Dinner: Pork Loin, Homemade French Bread*, Tossed Salad, Pineapple & Strawberries

Wednesday, July 18:
   Breakfast: Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Raisins
   Lunch: French Bread with Cheddar Cheese, Apple Sauce, Tomatoes, Juice
   Snack: Peanut Butter Pastries*
   Dinner: At Church: Bring a Tossed Salad
  
Thursday, July 19:
   Breakfast: Pancakes and Banana-Strawberry Smoothies
   Lunch: Peanut Butter Pastries, Applesauce, Carrots, Cherries, Juice
   Snack: Peanut Butter Pastries
   Dinner: Soup from the Freezer, Cornbread, Pineapple & Pears

Friday, July 20:
   Breakfast: Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Craisins
   Lunch: No-Bake Energy Bites*, Yogurt, Mandarin Oranges, Juice
   Snack: No-Bake Energy Bites
   Dinner: Leftovers

Saturday, July 21:
   Breakfast: Out with Family (YAY!)
   Lunch: PB&J, Pretzels, Carrots or Tomatoes, Cucumber Slices, Grapes
   Snack: No-Bake Energy Bites, Popcorn
   Dinner:  Chicken, Rice, Tossed Salad, Grapes 

The "*" means a new-to-me recipe. The Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars are a recipe from my Grandmother - something I remembered from summers at my Uncle's lake cabin as a child. My cousin Diane graciously shared the recipe and I was so pleased to discover it was as good as I remembered it! ('Cause you know that's never the case!) I'm finally getting ready to try the French Bread!  I'm hoping it turns out well (it's rising as I type).  I'm severely editing the No-Bake Energy Bite recipe from Money Saving Mom - we don't eat coconut or a few other things that are in that recipe so we'll see how it turns out!  The Peanut Butter Pastries are from my daughter's children's cookbook and we'll see how those go too.  I challenged myself to try 12 new recipes this summer, and these will bump us up to about 10!

What are you eating this week?  Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie! to share!
   

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020