Super Savings Saturday - $30 for meat, fruit and veggies

This is the I-forgot-to-take-photos version! :) Oops.

We went to the Farmer's Market on Sunday this week and then went to the grocery store quick on Thursday early evening because I realized that what we had planned for dinner was just plain not going to work for 4 adults and 2 5-year-olds. Another Oops! (Can you tell my mind has not been around here lately!)

Sooo, what did we buy?

Farmer's Market:
1 large head of broccoli
1 very large bunch of very large green onions

Total Spent: $2

Grocery Store: (prices are approximate)
1 Gallon Kemps Skim Milk $3.80
1.2 lbs catfish fillets $7
2.5 lbs boneless pork ribs $7.50
2.5 lbs bananas $1.50
2 lbs strawberries $3
2 lbs green grapes $1.89
1 medium head red lettuce $1.50
1 carton Kemps Frozen Yogurt (for my Dad!) $2.50

Total Spent: approx $28.69 (I have no idea what happened to my receipt!)

In spite of being a lot more scatterbrained than I would like (I had coffee filters and Smart Balance on my list and didn't buy them!), I think that's pretty good for an impromptu run to the store to buy groceries!

What did you buy this week? Stop by Money Saving Mom to share.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020