Saturday, July 24, 2010

Super Savings Saturday - $30 for meat, fruit and veggies

This is the I-forgot-to-take-photos version! :) Oops.

We went to the Farmer's Market on Sunday this week and then went to the grocery store quick on Thursday early evening because I realized that what we had planned for dinner was just plain not going to work for 4 adults and 2 5-year-olds. Another Oops! (Can you tell my mind has not been around here lately!)

Sooo, what did we buy?

Farmer's Market:
1 large head of broccoli
1 very large bunch of very large green onions

Total Spent: $2

Grocery Store: (prices are approximate)
1 Gallon Kemps Skim Milk $3.80
1.2 lbs catfish fillets $7
2.5 lbs boneless pork ribs $7.50
2.5 lbs bananas $1.50
2 lbs strawberries $3
2 lbs green grapes $1.89
1 medium head red lettuce $1.50
1 carton Kemps Frozen Yogurt (for my Dad!) $2.50

Total Spent: approx $28.69 (I have no idea what happened to my receipt!)

In spite of being a lot more scatterbrained than I would like (I had coffee filters and Smart Balance on my list and didn't buy them!), I think that's pretty good for an impromptu run to the store to buy groceries!

What did you buy this week? Stop by Money Saving Mom to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for taking the time to comment and look forward to reading your thoughts!

As always, please keep your content polite, relevant and mature. I reserve the right to delete comments that are rude, mean, vulger or otherwise inappropriate. I appreciate your understanding that is meant to be an uplifting blog where we can discuss things as adults rather than as opponants.

Thanks,
Lea