Healthy Habits in 2010 - Update - The Dress Fits!

I have really exciting news to report on my weight loss/exercise front:

I've lost enough inches that the dress I want to wear on Easter actually fits!!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!!
I am so excited about that!

Why? I made the dress for myself about 6 years ago - and wore it only about 4 times before I got pregnant with my twins. It's rather fancy - linen and long - and not necessarily for regular wear, so 4 times was actually pretty good. Anyway, I haven't been able to get back into it since!

This winter, I tried it on again. I could actually get it zipped up, but I didn't dare breathe, cough, or even move. It matches my daughter's Easter Dress perfectly, so I wanted to wear it but have been afraid to try it on.

Over the last few weeks I decided two things:
1) I was going to kick my workouts up a notch and really push myself in my exercise.
2) That I really was going to work on getting healthy once and for all, rather than giving it a half-hearted shot. I'm healthy again, I can make the time and I really don't have any more excuses.

Something else also happened earlier this month that changed things:
John and I attended a Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend.

I realized something on that weekend:
Even though John and I have a wonderful marriage, I wasn't spiritually and emotionally "naked" with him (Genesis 2:25). After getting back to that point on the weekend, I have basically quit snacking unless I really am hungry.

I was trying to fill up that void where the emotional and spiritual intimacy with my husband should have been with food.

John told me after a few days back from the retreat that I had "gotten my confidence back." I didn't know I'd lost it! I think I really needed that pure expression of unconditional love in my life. I never would have said I didn't have it before, but I am SO VERY GLAD that we got it back!

So, between working out 4 times a week (yes, I actually managed to squeeze that 4th time in!) and not snacking, I've lost inches! I haven't measured myself yet or weighed myself (I'll post that next week!), but I'm fitting into things that I haven't been able to fit into for a while. I'm also finding that my internal image of myself as a strong woman - physically, mentally and spiritually - is getting more realized as reality. Clothes fit better. I can see my beginnings of my 'washboard' abs again. I can pick up my kids without going "oof!". :) And so much more.

I am feeling really blessed lately with all this!

And I love being able to fit into that dress again.

God is so good.

What more can I ask for?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020