Frugal Friday - Week of September 20, 2020

Angel Food cake batter - Missy loves making these!


This was a busy week - things going on with the remodel, having my cousin, Diane, here overnight at the beginning of the week and then few days into this weekend due to a medical procedure (she lives quite far away from the hospital here), the first full week of programming at church (mostly virtual or take-home) and first exams for both of my classes at work. Whew!  I'm grateful that it is the weekend.

We did not do too many things this week outside of the ordinary due to the number of things we had on our plate this week.  Here are some things we did this week that we counted as frugal:

* We made all our meals at home this week or packed lunches to take with.  I even sent some snacks to the hospital with Diane.  Meals included two types of soup,  stir fry, soft-shell beef tacos, and baked chicken.  

* I repaired a fallen hem on a skirt.

* We harvested tomatoes, eggplants, lettuce and green beans from the garden this week.  I will be sending cherry tomatoes home with Diane when she leaves early next week.

* I made and canned more tomato salsa using tomatoes from our garden.

* I transplanted my ever-bearing strawberries - they are done for the year after two cold nights.

* I taught extra Jazzercise classes and was paid for those.

* We donated 8 paper grocery bags of items that we no longer need.  We accepted a receipt for the donation to use on our taxes.  We are currently trying to shred or donate at least 5 bags a week - we have so much that we do not actually need.  

* Buddy and I polished leather shoes and sprayed them with water repellant to lengthen their life.  

* Missy and I baked two types of cookies this week.  We did not bake an Angel Food Cake as our eggs were not fresh enough; maybe next time!

I think that is all for this week.  What did you do this week that was frugal?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020