Healthy Habits in 2010 - Setting New Goals

Well, it's NOVEMBER already.  Can you believe it?  Where on earth has the year gone?  I have no idea and I'm really pretty shocked that it's already November.  It just blows my mind how fast this year has flown!

Way back in January, I set a goal to reach my target weight (165lbs) by the end of 2010. 

The short answer to whether I made progress is that I really haven't budged in weight since way back then.  I weighed in on January 12 at 175 lbs.  And guess what?  I weighed in today 174 lbs.  At least I'm holding steady! **cringe**  I know I have lost inches, and that makes me happy.  I do have a bit of a roll of fat around my hips and thighs that needs to go and hasn't budged. 

I was convinced by several people at Jazzercise to be licensed as an instructor and I will do that - after I finish this darn PhD, which won't happen until sometime next summer. 

In the mean time I need to lose that extra weight - how much credibility does a flabby and unfit aerobics instructor have after all?  Not much, in my humble opinion - especially when it comes to myself; I have a lot more leeway for other people! :)

Anyway, so I now have a new goal:

A pound a week until the end of the year, or roughly 8lbs to lose before the end of 2010.

My plan is to re-start my food journal for the umpteenth time and then buy Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, doing that on 3-4 of the days I don't have Jazzercise (purposefully exercising 5-6 times a week).  If I hit that goal in November, then I purchase both the cute tank top in the Jazzertogs catalog that I'm drooling over and the Dancin' Abs DVD from Jazzercise as well.  That will give me incentive and I get to mix in another workout with 30 Day Shred when I'm at home. 

So, yesterday I started the journal. Waaay too much Halloween candy. I guess that's expected, seeing how much we have in our house at the moment. (Check back on Friday for one of my ideas of how to use some of it up!) That is changing.  I also bought myself a bag of snack crackers one day instead of fruit or veggies.  Can't do that again either!

Tonight, a quick run to Target to buy 30 Day Shred.  That starts tomorrow AM.  I hope my legs are not completely screaming all day tomorrow after the leg workout we did today at Jazzercise.  But then again, maybe that's what they should be doing! 

How are you doing on your weight loss and healthy living goals?  Care to share?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020