These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Coffee!


Oh, my, oh my! Do I love my coffee! 

I start my day with a hot cup just rocking in my living room rocking chair for about 10 minutes, enjoying the quiet and solitude.  In the summer, I might stand at my kitchen window enjoying the sunrise over the trees in my rear neighbor's yard and during the Christmas season, I sit with the houselights out and the tree lights on.  So very peaceful and it helps keep me grounded and gets my day off to a good start.

As much as I love the solitude and the quiet, the coffee is just as much a favorite thing for me.  I love a hot cup of coffee!  Almost anywhere or any time of the day, coffee is something I will enjoy.  Oh, I like hot tea too - and it's usually my choice when I need something decaffeinated, but coffee is definitely my first choice.

Oddly enough, I didn't start drinking coffee until I went to college.  I had a friend in high school who drank coffee all the time and continually talked about it's wonders. I thought it was too bitter - no matter how smooth and mild the flavor was.  In college I got hooked on the caffeine kick - something I needed working many hours a week and taking many classes.  And it stuck.

In fact, I love my coffee so much that the first thing I bought for camping was the coffee pot above!  A definite necessity in my book!

I love a good hot cup of coffee but my favorite times of drinking coffee are:
* in the morning in solitude, just basking in the goodness of all God has blessed us with
* out on a date with John over a decadent desert
* out for my once-a-month breakfast Bible study with some dear friends and good discussion
* out for coffee with my best friend, talking about life's problems and the joys as well
* a research discussion with my colleagues at a particular coffee shop near campus

Always good stuff, and good drink too!

What more can I ask for?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020