|John's Advent Calendar that I made him for his office at the church. He loved it! I hadn't posted a picture before so I thought I should. The red star on the top right package is for the top of the little tree in his office.|
You see, after being sick constantly for almost 10 years now, trying to catch up is a bit like trying to push a wet rope up a hill. If you work hard enough you can get it up the hill but it won't be anything like you want when you get there. In a lot of ways I'm totally okay with that - my life is way better in so many ways than it was before I got sick. In other ways...not so much. All the partly finished and need-to-be-done things hang over my head and making extremely slow progress is not going to get them done in the time frame that is required. I'll figure it out eventually, but I'm super frustrated in the meantime.
On that cheerful note (*cough*), here's what I've managed to accomplish so far on my goals list this month:
* Do the shredding at work Started this.
* Clean out and organize my notebooks for both of my classes Finished one class.
* Meet with a research colleague
* Put together a Power Point presentation
* Make two gifts for John for his Birthday
* Volunteer at the children's school
* Date out with my husband This is scheduled for this Friday!
* Attend an appointment with my husband
* Meet my cousin and her husband for lunch
* Learn 12 new routines Learned 5 routines.
* Attend/teach at least 16 classes Up to 5 at the start of this week - pretty good for missing a week and a half!
* Clean out and reorganize the furnace room
* Finish the wall painting in our bedroom (just a small finish work to do)
* Patch, prime and paint repairs in the kitchen
* Have the piano tuned
* Go through all clothes - donate what we don't need, write a list of what we need to buy Got through my clothes and my husband did his. Just need to do the children's!
* Lap quilt for Auntie Kay
* Graduation Quilt (start this so it's done for May/June)
* Finish sewing at least 8 birthday gifts for later in the year Sewed 2.
* Finish an Anniversary gift for my parents Worked on this.
* Finish the embroidery on The Big Project Worked on this too!
* Make at least three other gifts One done last week.
What did you work on this last week and a half or so?