Menu Plan Monday - Week of July 31, 2016

Cupcakes and a cake and "sorting hats" (paper hats filled with M&Ms) for my daughter's birthday party two weeks ago.  Our daughter made the "sorting hats".

One of the things that I have on my goals list for this summer is to teach my children to cook more.  When I'm in a PHN flair-up, I need all the help I can get! Couple that with the children asking how to make certain foods and the time was perfect for cooking lessons.  My Missy even made breakfast-for-lunch twice this summer without any help from me.  I came inside and found lunch already made twice!  She had such a sense of accomplishment doing it and it helped me so much.   I'm going to work myself out of a job here and I love that too!

I've been a bit AWOL here lately.  A much needed and unplanned break that included a couple of pajama days and some time spent doing Family Tree research that was a fantastic break from all my school "stuff".  I added in a lot of exercise (even during the flair-up) and I'm starting to feel so much more rested and ready to get back into things.  I'm on a new medication for my PHN and it's helping a great deal.  My flair-ups are shorter, though still very painful and difficult.  The main side-effect? It makes me so very, very tired.  We've figured out a dosage that I can live with but I'm still adjusting.  These last couple of weeks have been a good time to rest and recover and figure out my ever-changing body.

Our summer is getting busier - dance auditions are this week, John's residency is at end-of-term projects, my classes start in a few weeks which means I need to prep, and we've ordered new school uniform parts and we've been picking up school supplies.  Our days are still blissfully quiet and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. 

I haven't gotten photos of the groceries the last few weeks.  We've been doing a lot of picking up a thing or two here and there (a gallon of milk, a container of berries, etc.) and enjoying our garden and the CSA.  So, with that in mind, here's what we're eating this week:

Sunday, July 31:
    Breakfast: Toast with Peanut Butter
    Lunch: Breakfast Tacos
    Snack: Chips (The children bought these with their own birthday money.)
    Dinner: Leftovers  (We had an abundance of these on Sunday so we ate those up!)

Monday, August 1:
    Breakfast: Toast with Peanut Butter
    Lunch: Soft Pretzels, Sliced Fruit, Sliced Tomatoes and Cucumbers
    Snack: Popcorn
    Dinner: Roasted Root Vegetables, Chicken Flavored Rice, Raspberry-Blackberry-Strawberry Salad

Tuesday, August 2, My 41st Birthday:
    Brunch:  Breakfast Tacos, Fruit Salad
    Dinner: Chinese Takeout (I asked for this for my birthday)
    Dessert: Cupcakes

Wednesday, August 3:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins, Bananas
    Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup, Biscuits, Grapes
    Snack: No Bake Energy Bites
    Dinner: Pot Luck at Church: Bring Homemade Cole Slaw and Sliced Tomatoes

Thursday, August 4:
    Breakfast: Lemon Scones, Strawberries
    Lunch: Macaroni and Cheese, Sliced Vegetables
    Snack: No Bake Energy Bites
    Dinner: Roasted Chicken and Potatoes, Lemon Butter Kohlrabi, Grape-Peach-Strawberry Salad

Friday, August 5:
    Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Smoothies
    Lunch: Ham Sandwiches, Cut Veggies, Peaches, Cookie
    Snack: Popcorn
    Dinner: Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks

Saturday, August 6:
    Breakfast: Buttermilk Coffee Cake, Bananas
    Lunch: Salad with Chicken and Grapes
    Snack: No Bake Energy Bites
    Dinner: Hamburger Gravy, Rice, Sliced Peaches and Plums

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020