Work, Home and Family - Homemade Gifts, Part 1

So, with our tight budget this past year, I needed to stretch our dollars a bit and make some things for gifts.  The year, 2016, the budget is even tighter and we definitely need to get our collective rear in gear and make as many gifts at home from things that we already have as we possibly muster.

So, with that in mind, here are my gift-making goals for January:


1. Birthday present for John - decorative pillow cases for our bed
2. Birthday present for John - mini-scrapbook of 52 things that the kids and I love about him
3. Birthday present for my Brother-in-Law, Harrison - a glasses/contacts care kit
4. Birthday present for our Nephew, James - letter pillows that spell his name
5. A blanket of Buddy
6. A memorial quilt for a family member


John's birthday was over this past weekend - his birthday is RIGHT after New Years - so his gifts are already done.  

This week, I'm planning on working on the gift for my brother-in-law and perhaps a few more of the same thing for my other in-laws.  After those are done I'm planning on finishing the letter pillows.

As we go through the month I'll post the things that I've made and update my progress. 

What gifts are you working on in January?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020