|The apple pie I made for John for his birthday.|
The not frugal?
* My daughter and I had a date out for lunch and then did a little necessary shopping - we came home with four items, all of which were on our list. It wasn't frugal but it was budgeted for, so we didn't worry about spending the money.
* We had insulation and baffles put into our attic and our attic weather sealed. This definitely wasn't frugal, but it will save us quite a bit of money in the long run. Again, this was budgeted but it was really difficult to part with that much money.
On to the frugal stuff.....
* I made homemade pizza and breadsticks, biscuits, jambalaya, and pizza sauce this week.
* I enjoyed free muffins and fruit each morning at work during a retreat and a free lunch one day.
* We ate all meals at home (except the above mentioned ones) and we all took lunches from home (except the above mentioned ones).
* I worked on more sewing this week - mending several items (mostly replacing buttons and repairing fallen seams) and hemmed pants for my daughter. I also worked on a quilt top that I've been working on for quite a while.
* My children received a free t-shirt for an event that they attended this week.
* I saved clementine peels and made candied citrus peels for a snack.
* We renewed library books online.
* We watched a few videos free online.
* We ordered seedlings for our garden this summer using an ordering special. I estimate we saved half price over what we usually pay.
* I earned a $5 Amazon gift card with Swagbucks.
* My husband and I had an at-home date night watching a movie we already owned.
What did you do frugal-wise this week?