Menu Plan Monday and This Week's Groceries

Well, Hello there!

Thanks for sticking around and waiting for me to get my computer "issues" unraveled.  I now I have a very nice new laptop - one that is a higher quality and sturdier than I have bought in a few years.  Since we don't have a desktop computer anymore, this is the one that I will be using for work too.  I have been having difficulty getting the photos transferred from my iPod/camera so I don't have any photos for you.  Hopefully by next week, I will have that problem fixed!

The last few weeks we've been staying at $25/week give or take $1.50 from our $30/week budget for groceries.  That meant we had a few "extra" dollars in the envelope for this week's shop and we spent $42 this week for groceries and a couple of boxes of plastic zipper top bags, mostly used for lunches and snacks for the children.  I have some materials to make fabric, reusable versions but I haven't had the time yet!  Unfortunately, I misplaced the receipt so I can't give you exact dollar amounts (you know I'll find it after I post this - if so, then I'll update the list!) on some things.  I'll do the best I can.

Here's what we bought this last week:

Store #1:
2 boxes Zipper top sandwich bags approximately $3

Store #2:
10 Yoplait Greek Yogurt 8oz 10/$8 - $1/5 coupon  = $7 (or $0.70 each)
6 cans S&W beans (2 each black, kidney and chili) @ $0.69/can = $4.14
1 Gallon Kemp's Milk approx. $4
Grapes @ $1.89/lb
Pears
Bananas @ $0.59/lb
4 cans Progresso soups $1each - 2 x $0.50/2 coupons = $3 ($0.75/ea)
Smart Balance
3lbs Onions
2 x 5lbs Russet Potatoes @ 2/$3
Two bags salad greens B1G1 $2.99

I *think* that's it!
We paid just under $42 for all of the groceries. 
There was a whole saga with being overcharged for the grapes and John taking them back to the store very angry.  They were very kind and refunded us the price difference and sent him home with his bag of grapes.  He was somewhat mollified but he really doesn't like our grocery shopping options right now!

We also brought home several snack-size bags of tortilla chips left over from a church event on Saturday evenings (I still haven't decided if having food sent home from every event with us is a perk or not!).

We still have beets, kohlrabi, and carrots in the fridge from our CSA, though we're hitting the tail end of those (3 carrots, 2 kohlrabi and 2 beets).  The tomatoes I picked green a couple of weeks ago are now getting ready for eating.  And we have some apples, a quarter of a honeydew and a pineapple from last week too.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Sunday, October 26:
   Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins and Bananas
   Lunch: PB&J Biscuits, Sliced Apples, Yogurt
   Snack: At a church event
   Dinner:  Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks (we didn't have these on Saturday so I made them here instead)

Monday, October 27:
    Breakfast: Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches (Biscuits with Egg and Turkey and cheese if we want it)
    Lunch: Leftover Taco Soup, Chips, Yogurt
    Snack: Trail Mix (I had some left over from a work event last week)
    Dinner: Chicken Flavored Rice with Broccoli and Diced Chicken, Apple-Banana-Grape Salad

Tuesday, October 28:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with Pecans and Dried Cranberries
    Lunch: Leftover Rice and Broccoli, Yogurt
    Snack: Trail Mix
    Dinner: Venison Chops in the Crockpot with Potatoes and Carrots, Tossed Salad, Sliced Apples

Wednesday, October 29:
    Breakfast; Pancakes with Bananas and Pecans
    Lunch: Sliced Apples with Peanut Butter, Yogurt, Cut Veggies
    Snack: Trail Mix
    Dinner: At an event at the Children's School

Thursday, October 30:
     Breakfast: Chai Spiced Oatmeal
    Lunch: Turkey Sandwiches, Cut Veggies, Sliced Apples or Pears
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Soup from the Freezer, Homemade Bread, Tossed Salad, Sliced Apples or Pears

Friday, October 31, Halloween (All Hallow's Eve):
    Breakfast: Waffles with Applesauce
    Lunch: Salad with Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and Sliced Pears
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Veggie Stir Fry, Rice, Sliced Pineapple

Saturday, November 1, All Saint's Day:
    Breakfast: Orange Cranberry Scones (frozen cranberries and OJ)
    Lunch: Salad with Chicken and Sliced Pears
    Snack: Leftover Scones
    Dinner: Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks, Sliced Pineapple

That's it for us this week!  Hopefully next week I'll have photos for you too.

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020