Menu Plan Monday - Week of June 15, 2014

Stuffed green peppers! Yum!

I am home with the children all day every day for six weeks now with the exception of half of one day.  That means we get to eat lunch at home every day!  And that means I can use leftovers for all of us or I can cook - either way.  I think I like that.  I made bread on Sunday this week and since it's damp out this week we need to use it up fairly fast - thus lots of sandwiches!

We started this week with a treat lunch out for all of us - John had promised Buddy a day out instead of a birthday party so he used the money set aside for that and combined Father's Day and Buddy's birthday day into one (I think it was fun for both of them - at least they came home happy!).  I had promised Missy a lunch out at a favorite restaurant with Grandma and Grandpa.  Well, we didn't get to do that while they were here in May so she asked if we could go - just the two of us.  So I used the money I had set aside for that.

After that the name of the game was homemade!  I had two potlucks this week - one for church and one for just me with some friends and I brought a fruit salad to the second one.   I used canned mandarin oranges in the salad with the plums and cantaloupe to make the fruit salad. I made a dressing of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg for the fruit salad to give it something extra.  The children have been asking to learn how to cook some things so I planned one lunch so I could teach them while I we were making lunch - this week they learned how to make crisp rice treats and grilled cheese sandwiches.  I had them put together a list of things they want to learn and those were the two on the list that fit into the week this week!

Here's what we ate:

Sunday, June 15: Father's Day
   Breakfast: Cereal and Milk
   Lunch: Out for all
   Snack: Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies (my husband's favorite)
   Dinner: Beef Chili, Cornbread, and Orange Wedges (my husband's request)

Monday, June 16:
   Breakfast: Blueberry-Banana Smoothies, Toast
   Lunch: Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks or Tomatoes
   Snack: Cookies
   Dinner: Baked Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Plums and Pineapple

Tuesday, June 17:
   Breakfast: Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Applesauce
   Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup, French Bread, Plums
   Snack: Crisp Rice Treats
   Dinner: Veggie Stir Fry, Rice, Plums and Pineapple

Wednesday, June 18:
   Breakfast: Oatmeal with Walnuts and Apples
   Lunch: Picnic Lunch while out: PB&J, Apple Slices, Chips, Cookies
   Snack: Ice Cream
   Dinner: Pot Luck at Church: Bring a tossed salad

Thursday, June 19:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins with Cantaloupe
    Lunch: Leftovers
    Snack: Cookies
    Dinner: John and Children: Chicken Noodle Soups, Bread, Plums; Me: Potluck: Bring Fruit Salad

Friday, June 20:
    Breakfast:  Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothies, Toast
    Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Plums
    Snack: Cookies
    Dinner: Ham, Rice, Plum-Banana-Cantaloupe Salad

Saturday, June 21
   Breakfast: Blueberry Buckle (this is a favorite and I have loads of frozen blueberries to use up!)
   Lunch: Tuna Sandwiches, Cut Veggies
   Snack: Popcorn
   Dinner: Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020