Goals - Week of January 13, 2013

Last week was a difficult one in many ways. 
 
I had totally forgotten how emotional writing can be and I had a moment were I was literally ready to give up after looking at all I had to do.  Then I took a step back, took a deep breath and put together a very do-able schedule for getting everything done and got back on a roll.  It felt a little scattered as I wrote a little in several different areas of my dissertation rather than just finishing something but I didn't have all my materials with me and I had a few other things to attend to this week too.
 
My medications were done for the pneumonia this week and I was back to my "normal" level of illness, medications, etc. Something went wrong and I spent Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday curled up in a ball in pain and very, very sleepy since the pain was keeping me from sleeping at night.  Very hard to work on things when you can't stand up, sit for any length of time or think straight.
 
Then on Wednesday my Dad got his pathology reports back for the surgery he had the week before Christmas.  The cancer they found was completely removed but they termed it stage 3 because they are afraid the cells spread throughout his body.   This is not what we wanted to hear and it took several days to wrap my head around it - in fact, I'm not sure I've really wrapped my head around it yet.  He starts Chemo on Tuesday and they are rather confident he will come through just fine. It's hard to watch my big strong Dad go through all of this and it's even harder on my Mom, since she needs help to physically care for him (she's tiny compared to him and has arthritis too).  It's especially hard since they live on the other side of the country from us and we have to rely on phone and internet to keep in touch right now.
 
All in all, I did make progress last week and I'm pleased with the progress I made in spite of all the upheaval.
Here's what I did:
 
Work:
* Finalize syllabus for spring 
* Finish up anything that still needs to be finished from last semester.
* Schedule moving my office
 School:
* Outline what I need to do still for my dissertation
* WRITE
Family:
* Piano Lessons x2 on Monday
* Dance Lessons on Thursday
* Dance Lessons on Saturday
* John at Intensive Classes this week
* Mail box of Christmas presents to my parents
* Date Night at Home
* Family Night
Jazzercise:
* Teach class 2x
* Learn 5 new routines  I learned 4 new routines this week
* Put together 1 new set
Home:
* 15 minutes of cleaning out each day
* Finish catching up ironing
* Inventory the upstairs freezer
* Inventory the upstairs cupboards
* Bake cookies
* Daily chores for me and the children
* Clean out and re-organize storage bins
Faith/Ministry/Church:
* Gather all items to finish church photo albums
* Evaluate what still needs to be done to finish church photo albums - start if able
* Sew LWR Quilt top  I got started on this but didn't finish it.
*  Take one load of items to donate
* Pray for our home congregation
Personal:
* Hair cut  My hair stylist was out of town so I made an appointment for Tuesday this week.
* Toes Painted
* Clean out underclothes and socks

So what's on tap for this week?  The kids have a 4-day week this week and we're going to the Children's Museum of Minnesota with friends on Friday as part of the day off. This is something we've talked about doing for months - especially over the summer - and never did so we're very excited to actually have it on the calendar!  Buddy has his first ever sleepover at a friend's house plus the Pinewood Derby for Scouts this weekend.  Missy and I have a goal of finding the perfect material for Easter dresses this weekend too. 

I'm also trying to ease my way back into work routines and make sure that I get something done around the house too.  I have a tiny amount of time left before classes start and I want to make sure I use my time intentionally and wisely.

So here's my list for this week:

Work:
* Finalize first unit for classes this spring.
* Move my office (all scheduled, I just have show up and 'direct traffic'!)
School:
* Meet with my adviser
* Finish drafts of 2 chapters (almost done this past week) and send off for initial review
* Check to make sure my paperwork is up to date, file anything that isn't.
Family:
* Piano Lessons x2
* Dance Lessons Thursday
* Dance Lessons Saturday
* Pinewood Derby (John and Buddy) Saturday
* Fabric Shopping - for Easter Dresses (me and Missy) Saturday
* More intensive classes for John this week
* Family Night Friday Night: Confession of Peter
* Date Night Saturday: Puzzle, Hot Drinks, Rhubarb Crisp
* Buddy - Sleepover Saturday night
* Children's Museum of Minnesota with friends Friday
* Finish reading Prince Caspian by CS Lewis to the children
Jazzercise:
* Teach 2 classes
* Put together 1 new set
* Learn 2 new routines
Home:
* Inventory upstairs cupboards
* Catch up the ironing
* Inventory pantry
* Inventory chest freezer
* Daily Chores for me and the children
* Clean out 15 minutes per day
Faith/Ministry/Church:
* LWR Quilt top finished and returned
* Find items for church photo albums, evaluate what needs to be done
* Begin memorizing Romans
* Pray for our home congregation
Personal:
* Get my hair cut - Tuesday
* Polish my shoes

 What are you up to this week?  Visit Money Saving Mom to share.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020