We had a blast at the Minnesota Children's Museum on Friday with our friends and ended up spending the entire day there (we'd planned to end with lunch). We had two kids who fell asleep about 3 seconds after they crawled into bed that night and I'm betting our friends children did too! Saturday was successful with Buddy coming home with a 3rd place trophy (you should have seen his smile!) and Missy and I finding material for not just our Easter dresses but probably another dress for each of us too! We also bought fleece on 50% off for two pairs of pants for Buddy and two fleece pullovers, one for Missy and one for Buddy.
In the midst of everything else, I did manage to finish one chapter in my dissertation done and send it off for review, check my paperwork, and schedule an appointment with my adviser for this week.
I didn't get everything done but, considering how crazy last week felt, I think we did pretty good!
* Move my office (all scheduled, I just have show up and 'direct traffic'!) This is a work in progress.
* Meet with my adviser Appointment scheduled!
* Finish drafts of 2 chapters (almost done this past week) and send off for initial review Got one done and out for review!
* Buddy - Sleepover Saturday night This was postponed to this week due to sickness in the family where he would be staying.
* Finish reading Prince Caspian by CS Lewis to the children We had a couple more chapters to go, so we'll finish this this week.
* Catch up the ironing Make more progress but not quite caught up yet - soooo close!
* Inventory pantry
* Inventory chest freezer
* Polish my shoes
Here's what's on tap this week:
* Continue revising my first unit for class.
* Finish moving my office
* Meet with my department chair
* Meet with someone else on my committee
* Meet with my adviser
* Schedule another meeting with the Statistician
* Revise my Literature Review
* Piano Lessons X 2
* Dance Lessons Thursday
* Dance Lessons Saturday
* Family Night on Friday: Titus, Timothy, & Silas, Missionaries; Lydia, Dorcas & Phoebe, Witnesses to the Faith: Make Thank You notes for our Pastors
* Sleepover Saturday Night for Buddy
* Date Night on Saturday: At Home: Play a Game, Apple Crisp
* Finish Reading Prince Caspian to the children; start Voyage of the Dawn Trader by C.S. Lewis
* Prep all items for homemade Valentine's this week (several things require cutting skills beyond my children - using templates and the like)
* Teach 2 classes this week
* Attend at least 1 other class this week
* Learn 3 new routines
* Put together 2 new sets
* 15 minutes of cleaning out each day
* Finish up that ironing already
* Inventory the deep freeze
* Inventory the pantry
* Daily Chores for me and the children (we've got a pretty good system going, just need to make it a habit now!)
* Clean out and organize the storage bins
* Return the LWR quilt top
* Write our Compassion International Child
* Work on the Church Photo Albums
* Continue working on memorizing Romans
* Continue praying for our home congregation
* Polish my shoes
* Evaluate my wardrobe for the spring - list any gaps
What are you up to this week? Visit Money Saving Mom to share and be inspired!