Healthy Habits in 2010 - Mixing Times Up a Bit and that Food Journal

My goal for the month so far has been to get up with John at 530am and do the 30 Day Shred on the days when I don't go to Jazzercise (i.e. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and possibly Saturday).  That wasn't working out well.  John and I have a short devotional time before he leaves in the morning and my working out at that time meant that we didn't get to do that.  It may sound trivial, but since that time is an integral and meaningful part of our day we decided that wasn't working well.

So, I decided to work out to Ms. Jillian after the kids go to bed at night on those nights - about 830pm.  I realize that people recommend working out first thing in the morning but I have always preferred working out in the evening (usually 6pm-ish rather than later) and I have been just completely beat when I get home and want to crawl into bed right after the kids do.  By working out at that time, I have the energy to get my evening schedule actually completed rather than falling into bed (or on the couch) a useless lump at 845pm.  It also means I've pushed my get up time to 6am from 530am and my go-to-sleep time 'officially' back from 1030pm to 11pm.  Every one's happy all the way around and I'm getting more done in the evenings, which is making me very happy!

Now, on to the pesky food journal.

Ahh - I hate that thing!  Or, excuse me, I highly dislike it. :)

I keep forgetting to write things down first of all. 
Second of all, I haven't written down sizes of things, which is probably the most important part of all.

I eat pretty well - lots of whole foods and few 'junkie' things.  I just eat too much. 

Though I have gotten better about things, I do need to watch my portions - I do not need to eat three helpings of couscous, no matter how nutritious couscous is (I don't make it with oil or butter).   I also do not need the three cookies I ate with my afternoon coffee today - one would have been more than sufficient. 

The good news is I have more muscle than I did two weeks ago - I am stronger than I was and can do more things when I'm working out.  I still don't prefer Jillian for my workout, but it is helping!

And I'll take that any day of the week!
How are you doing? Care to share?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020