These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - The St. Paul Farmer's Market


One of the things that I really enjoy about living in the Twin Cities is the St. Paul Farmer's Market.  If I remember correctly, it's the oldest continuous farmer's market in the same location in the country.  And, boy, can you find just about anything!

From produce to plants, from meat to sauces, from soap to snacks, it's all there!  And it's a heap of fun to attend.  There is so much  to look at and taste. There's balloon twisters and live music.  Handicrafts as well - sewed and woven and embroidered items.  Homemade bread.  Egg rolls and wan tons.  Kettle corn and beef jerky.

The biggest reason that I don't even try to have a large vegetable garden of my own is because I can purchase things inexpensively at the market.  I spent about $12 for everything you see above - 13 corn, 4 patty pan squash, 5 golden beats and all those baby red and full size golden tomatoes.  I love that the prices are great and the items are local.

It's our Sunday ritual to go to the farmer's market every Sunday after church.  I buy herbs there each spring - tiny plants waiting for a place to grow.  I buy meat there a few times a year.  Vegetables for the week and for blanching.  The kids beg for kettle corn and flower bouquets and balloons shaped like monkeys or flowers or hippos. 

We could spend hours, but we do try to limit ourselves to an hour or so.  And then we head home, ready to make the most of the bounty we have partaken of.

Truly, it's one of my favorite things!
Disclosure: I have not been compensated in any way to say these things.  In fact, I highly doubt the St. Paul Farmer's Market has any idea of who I am or that I have a blog.  These opinions are truly mine and I have written this because I truly enjoy the St. Paul Farmer's Market and attend most weeks April through November.  They do run year-round, but I have yet to brave the cold!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020