Menu Plan Monday - Week of September 12


Wow, it's another whole week today.  Sheesh, I think the time flies faster as I get older (or something like that anyway!).  I did a 'freeze cooking' grocery run this weekend and then a trip to the farmer's market to round out what I needed.  I got a great deal on flour - 99 cents for a bag with coupon (limit 1) and then $1.50 for the next.  So I got my 2 bags of flour for about $2.50!  Hurray!  That means I have enough for all my freezer cooking this week.

Since time is at a premium for me, I built my freezer cooking into this menu plan.  Here it is:

Sunday, September 12:
Breakfast: Cereal with milk
Lunch: At Church (Fall Kickoff)
Dinner: Birthday Party
Baking: Cookies and Dry Mixes

Monday, September 13:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with pecans and cinnamon
Bag Lunches: PB&J Wraps, Applesauce or Mandarin Oranges, Carrot Sticks, Goldfish Crackers, Juice Box
Snack for Mom: Yogurt with granola and fruit
Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup (from freezer), Bread, Fruit
Freezer Cooking: Chicken Stock in the Crock pot

Tuesday, September 14:
Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins and Apple Slices
Dinner: Crab Cakes, Rice, Broccoli, Fruit
Freezer Cooking: Ham Stock in Crock pot; Stir Fry Packets (chop veggies for pizza too)

Wednesday, September 15:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Apples
Bag Lunch: Apples with Peanut Butter, Cheese Stick, Carrots or Tomatoes, Cookie, Juice Box
Snack for Mom: Cheese Stick, Peanut-Butter-Banana Smoothie
Dinner; Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Lettuce Salad, Fruit (Cook Tomato Sauce in Crock Pot during the day)
Freezer Cooking: Soak Beans for Thursday

Thursday, September 16:
Breakfast: Pancakes with Almonds and Apples
Dinner: 16 Bean Soup, Bread, Cut Veggies, Fruit
Freezer Cooking: Pizza and Calzones

Friday, September 17:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Bananas and Pecans
Bag Lunches: Ham Wrap Sandwiches, Cheese Stick, Applesauce or Mandarin Oranges, Juice Box
Snack for Mom: Yogurt with Granola and Fruit
Dinner: Chicken-Onion-Tomato-Potato Kabobs, Lettuce Salad, Fruit (Grill Extra Chicken)

Saturday, September 18:
Breakfast: Out for All
Lunch: Turkey Tortilla Soup, Bread, Fruit
Dinner: Pork Loin, Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Fruit

Yes, that's a lot of soup this week, but that's okay - it's amost fall and cool outside here already.  Perfect soup weather!

What are you eating this week? Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie to share.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020