One of My Favorite Things

I have a treat today. I get to work from home ALL day AND I get to spend some extra time with Buddy and Missy.

Usually I work from home Tuesday afternoons - after a good workout at Jazzercise in the morning. That's my day at home - time to catch up on some things around the house, maybe make a complicated dinner, and spend a couple un-interruptable hours working on schoolwork or research. That's a planned day - it happens almost every week and I have a routine.

Days like today are rare and therefore a special treat. I have to pick my kids up early today, since my daycare lady has to take her daughter to an appointment. So I get until 2pm to spend on schoolwork, research and household stuff and then I get to spend 2pm onward with my kids! Since I usually don't pick them up until 4pm, I get a whole extra 2 hours!

The plan - I've been working on some much-needed writing so far (with a nice pot of tea and some candles lit), started some bread, and, after lunch, will finish the Lutheran World Relief quilt top that is due back to church this Sunday for quilting group. If I have some time after that, I'll write some more. After picking up the kids, we're going to the library and then we have a date to watch a video with popcorn - just the 3 of us, cuddled up on the couch downstairs under a fuzzy blanket.

If these things happened every day, they wouldn't be so special. That makes it even better!

What is a rare treat for you in your life as a working woman - whether you work inside the house or out?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020