Menu Plan Monday - Week of December 2, 2018



Cinnamon Biscuit Twists!
I keep thinking of all the things I would like to make and then remember, oh, my oven is not working correctly right now!  I still have plenty of things I can make without the oven, so that is what we are doing.  It should be repaired by the end of the week!  I am looking forward to getting on with my Christmas baking!

John and I drove to the grocery store in the middle of a crazy snow-ice-wind storm on Saturday afternoon.  Definitely not what I wanted to do, but that was the time we were available to go, so we went!  We saw two crazy car accidents on the way to the store - the kind where you ask yourself how on earth that configuration of cars could happen!  No one was hurt, apparently and we made it to the store and home again without incident.  I was very grateful to arrive back home safely. 

I have been slowly stocking up on Christmas items and a couple of extra items for the food shelf.  This week, cake mixes were on sale and I had a coupon, so I bought some for the food shelf.  Our food shelf puts together "birthday packages" with a cake mix, icing, a box of birthday candles, and a small grocery store gift card for the eggs, etc. needed for the mix.  They are given to families where a child turning age 18 or younger has a birthday that month.  I think it is a lovely idea! 

Missy helped me put out the Advent wreath and calendar and the nativities this weekend.  It is starting to look a bit like Christmas around here.  We had about 4 inches of icy snow this weekend and that is certainly adding to the festiveness, though I enjoy it much more looking from inside the house!  We will slowly decorate the house until Christmas arrives, as Advent is the church season of preparation.  I am hoping to enjoy every bit this year.  I was very pleased that I am only needing to purchase one item for "decorating" this year - a pink candle for my Advent wreath.  That is all! Hurray!

In our house, a couple of the winter squash are starting to go soft, so we are eating those this week.  I find it odd, as that typically does not happen until February or so.  We did have a much wetter summer than normal so perhaps that is why.

Here is what we are eating this week:

Sunday, December 2, First Sunday in Advent:
     Breakfast: Toast, Banana-Mango Smoothies
     Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Cut Veggies, Grapes
     Snack: Popcorn
     Dinner: Three Sisters Soup (Corn, Squash, Beans) with Tortilla Chips

Monday, December 3:
     Breakfast: Eggs, Toast, Sliced Apples
     Lunch: Leftover Soup or Sliced Apples with Peanut Butter and Yogurt with a No-Bake Cookie
     Snack: No-Bake Energy Bites
     Dinner: Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Sausage and Couscous

Tuesday, December 4:
     Breakfast: Oatmeal with Pecans and Craisins
     Lunch: Leftover Stuffed Squash
     Snack: No-Bake Energy Bites
     Dinner: Brown-Sugar Meatloaf, Green Beans, Apple-Grape-Raspberry Salad

Wednesday, December 5:
     Breakfast: Pancakes with Blueberry Jam and Pecans
     Lunch: Leftover Meatloaf with Spinach Salad
     Snack: No-Bake Energy Bites or Yogurt
     Dinner: Rice Bowl with Eggs, Spinach and Onion

Thursday, December 6, St. Nicholas Day
     Breakfast: Chai Spiced Oatmeal
     Lunch: Crackers with Peanut Butter, Carrot Sticks, Yogurt with a No-Bake Cookie, Chocolate Coins
     Snack: No Bake Energy Bites
     Dinner: Hamburger Gravy with Noodles, Sliced Apples

Friday, December 7:
     Breakfast: Eggs, Toast, Blueberry-Banana Smoothies
     Lunch: Leftover Gravy and Rice
     Snack: No Bake Energy Bites
     Dinner: Dutch Oven Pizza

Saturday, December 8:
     Brunch:   Breakfast Tacos
     Snack: At a Birthday Party
     Dinner: Veggie Stir Fry, Rice

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020