Frugal Friday - Week of July 5, 2020


Homemade Ice Cream - we still have about a pint in the freezer.

I had a couple of days off this week and was so grateful for the break!  Back to work on Monday, but I did get some time to get my vegetables weeded and to get a bit ahead at work so it won't be quite so crazy for the next two weeks. Then I am off until September! Yay!  I am ready for a break.

Here are some things that we did this last week:

*  We made the following meals at home:  Blueberry pancakes, Beef Roast with Mushroom and Onion Gravy with Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower, Smoothies, Roasted Veggie Couscous with Tortilla Chips, Stir Fry with Rice, and a lot of leftovers. 

* John brought home leftovers from a meal packing session at church and we ate those one night.

* We harvested cucumbers, green beans and blueberries from the garden this week.  We also picked the first tomato!

* I purchased notebooks for school for the children on clearance sale.

* We picked up several requested books from the library and dropped off several we had finished.

* I cleaned out another small area that needed cleaning out - slow and steady wins the race.

* I picked more flowers for the kitchen table from my garden.

* We continued to enjoy the ice cream we made for the 4th of July.  We tried a new recipe for the ice cream this year and it made a much larger batch of ice cream than we have had in previous years. 

* Our daughter decorated the inexpensive notebooks that I bought her so they have custom decorations on the front.  She also decorated her folders - matching for each subject.

* Both children cleaned out and threw away several pairs of socks that were unwearable.

That's all I can remember right now! What did you do this week that was frugal?


Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020