Menu Plan Monday (or, rather, Tuesday) - Week of December 14, 2014

The picture-less version of my menu this week!   I'm writing from my work computer while pretending to eat my lunch at a leisurely pace.  I'm so ready to be done with my grading so I can just stay home for a few days!  We do get a two-week holiday but I'd love to have an extra day or two because I am completely finished with all the grading. 

My parents are here this week and will be here for a few weeks.  We did almost all of our grocery shopping ahead of time, though there are a few things my parents will buy us. We are so blessed that they are willing to do that when they come - when we asked about it, they said we give them a nice, comfortable place to stay for free so they can buy a few groceries.  We do have almost everything but there were a couple of things my parents will want to buy so they will.  Those things are for Christmas or treats that they like to have in the house and are things we wouldn't have in the house on a normal basis.

This week we finished off the December grocery budget by buying a gallon of milk and a bag of oranges.

Here's what we're eating:

Sunday, December 14:
   Breakfast: Pancakes with Raspberries from the freezer
   Lunch: Waffles with pecans and Craisins
   Snack: Popcorn
   Dinner: Venison Gravy, Roasted Potatoes, Apple-Banana Salad

Monday, December 15:
    Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Peppers and Onions
    Lunch: At work for all (John and I had free lunch at work today and the children ate hot lunch at school)
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry, Rice, Orange Wedges

Tuesday, December 16:
     Breakfast: Oatmeal with Pecans and Craisins
     Lunch: Leftover Stir Fry
     Snack: Yogurt
     Dinner: Venison Barley Soup (like Beef Barley), Homemade French Bread

Wednesday, December 17:
    Breakfast: Vegetarian Omelets
    Lunch: Leftover Soup, PB&J Sandwiches
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: At Church (the youth group provides soup supper during Advent before Wednesday night Worship)

Thursday, December 18:
    Breakfast: Waffles and Raspberries from the freezer, Pecans
    Lunch: Leftover Soup
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Out to eat after the School Christmas Program (my parents are treating us!)

Friday, December 19:
    Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Bananas
    Lunch: Tuna Sandwiches, Orange Wedges
    Snack: Yogurt
    Dinner: Wild Rice Casserole, Steamed Carrots, Baked Apples

Saturday, December 20:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins, Bananas
    Lunch: Veggie Fried Rice
    Snack: Popcorn
    Dinner: Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks

We have everything in the house for all of these meals.  And, yes, we are totally spoiled that my parents want to take us out to dinner after the school program. 

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020