Work Home and Family - Summer Recipes - Kale Chips


Kale Chips

Honestly, when I was told these things were super yummy I was skeptical.  I don't care much for veggie chips or potato chips or any chips for that matter.  Fortunately, these were a totally different matter!

Ingredients:
Several Fresh Kale Leaves
Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)  - I used olive oil in a mister
Seasonings to Taste - we liked basic salt and pepper but others like chili powder, garlic powder, Cajun spices, cayenne pepper, etc. or a combination of these.

Place kale in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking pan.  Coat leaves lightly with oil. Turn and coat the other side.  Dust both sides with seasonings to taste.

Bake at 400F for approximately 10 minutes, or until crispy.

Note:  The recipes I read all had you toss the kale leaves in a bowl with the oil and seasonings. I found this gave a more even coverage of the oil and I used far less oil and spices using this method.  This recipe works best with very fresh kale leaves that don't droop when held upright by the stem.  

If you like, you can de-stem the kale and tear the leaves into smaller pieces.  We don't do this since we like to use the stem as a handle for eating!

Kale has a slightly sea-weedy flavor that some might not care for.  We like to eat these as a snack as is.  I have also had them dipped in hummus. Both ways are very good!

Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020