Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Healthy Habits in 2012 - Attainable Goals

I haven't had a Healthy Habits post in a while.

Not that there hasn't been anything to write about. I just don't quite know what to pick!

My current thing is having attainable goals - goals aren't worthwhile if they aren't attainable, right?  And I'm going to be teaching some of my Jazzercise classes in a room with a mirror behind me, so getting my rear end particularly toned is something I'd like to do.

So my attainable goal for right now?  Making sure that I do glut routines that challenge me - really challenge me. As in I-have-sore-walking-the-next-day challenge me. 

Fortunately, we have several routines that fall into that category for me to choose from. So I make sure that I do them 5 days a week - even on the days I don't go to class or teach.  If I go to class as a student and the glut routine doesn't challenge me enough, I come home and do one then too.  My own students are groaning when the glut routines come on right now, but I just tell them, "If your legs and back end want to yell at me tomorrow, I'm perfectly okay with that!" *Wicked Grin*

I'm still working on figuring out this whole snacking thing and I think I've finally got at least part of it figured out, so I think I'll write about that one next time.

But in any case, my glut work is my attainable goal for the moment.

What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for taking the time to comment and look forward to reading your thoughts!

As always, please keep your content polite, relevant and mature. I reserve the right to delete comments that are rude, mean, vulger or otherwise inappropriate. I appreciate your understanding that is meant to be an uplifting blog where we can discuss things as adults rather than as opponants.

Thanks,
Lea